The perfect recipe to enhance these fresh vegetables
Those who know me well already know that I love cooking freshly picked vegetables, so as to preserve their freshness!
In my opinion, in this spring time, the ideal would be to prepare a dish typical of the Sicilian tradition using fresh beans picked a few hours before putting them in the pot.
It will be enough to just “crack” them (peel them) and immediately after cooking them, thus keeping the texture and smell intact!
In these days of celebration, if time permits, it is perfect to go for a picnic in the countryside or the sea and bring a simple and tasty dish.
Personally I advise you to prepare an easy, easy recipe to better enjoy the fresh beans.
Then fasten your apron and go to the stove!
- 1 kg of fresh peeled beans
- 3 cloves of garlic or, if you prefer, some spring onions
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Pour the beans into a large pan.
- Put the peeled garlic (if you want, cut each clove in two), salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Brown everything in a cheerful flame, stirring occasionally.
- After about 5 minutes, add the water to cover the beans.
Lower the flame slightly and put a lid on.
- Cook for about 15 minutes and, in any case, until the cooking liquid has almost completely evaporated!
- Taste and, if necessary, add salt and / or pepper to taste.
Always taste everything you cook, it is very important!
You can serve fresh beans as a side dish, a single dish (which is his death …) or mix with pasta with fresh sheep’s ricotta.
Enjoy your meal!